Help

ARCHIVE

"Essential Questions" Question

>

teachdawg

"Essential Questions" Question
Old 07-02-2008, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My new school is a learning focused school, so I'm required to post and use essential questions for every lesson (which I like). My problem is this: What is a good way to post the essential questions considering the fact that they change so frequently. I will be teaching Language Arts, Reading, Spelling, and 3 Math classes. I don't necessarily want the one for Math to be up during Reading.

How do those of you who use essential questions post yours?

teachdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

imalith

sentence strips
Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I like to use sentence strips. I use them for essential questions, vocabulary, spelling. Really, anything that requires handwriting is best done on a sentence strip for me, as my handwriting is questionable at times.

The vocab and spelling words go in file folders after I laminate them. The longer sentences I paperclip together and write the unit title.

The strips come in a variety of colors, so you could use a different one for each subject.

I place them in a blue pocket pouch display, and I keep mine posted. You may want to have students be in charge of switching them up, if that is important. Either that or post them on different colored boards.
imalith is offline   Reply With Quote

Volleyann

Old 07-02-2008, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What about typing them in a word document? You can have one question per page and increase the font so that the students can read it from their seats. You could save them and have them for whenever you need.
Volleyann is offline   Reply With Quote

hazeleyesinnc

Type
Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Type all the questions on different color paper for both subjects and laminate them. Then put magnets on them or use magnets to hold them on your board. I put magnets on everything that is going on my white boards. That way they can be use over and over again. I would also keep them in a basket on your chalk ledge or in a document holder on your board. Hope it helps.
hazeleyesinnc is offline   Reply With Quote

girlymom

mine stay up
Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I post mine for the day every morning on the white board. They stay up all day. At the start of each lesson we look at the EQ. When the lesson is over we review the EQ again and then answer it as a wrap up.

girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote

dmamec

Old 07-02-2008, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I put them up for each unit on the bulletin board that matches the subject. I don't put them up each day--I may have 4-6 for a unit adn they stay up for the whole unit.

I am TOTALLY not organized enough to change them daily!
dmamec is offline   Reply With Quote

maggiehgs

Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

(I posted this in reply to another thread, but... )

I have a bulletin board where each subject has an EQ and the standard (in small print on the bottom of the EQ because we've been told having the standard posted is for admin purposes only).

http://www.misshodges.net/photos/JustReadIt.jpg

If you enlarge the pic (in IE it automatically goes smaller and I have to click on the picture to get the little photo menu) you can see the EQ sheets. Under each EQ I have posted the vocab. As you can see, I am in the middle of changing them out, but it's the only pic I have.

(Please pardon the mess - It was during a 5-day field trip to the Air Force Reserve Base for Starbase, so things got a bit hectic and messy!)

Of course, if you don't want your Math posted during Reading, etc... one thing that some of the teachers at my former school was to put it up on their television. We had laptops that we could connect to the television so the students could view what was on the computer. If that's an option, it's a really easy way to put it up for only the lesson, one at a time. You can also fancy it up with clip art or whatnot.
maggiehgs is offline   Reply With Quote