Office Max Laminating Info!!! - ProTeacher Community

conolley

Office Max Laminating Info!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've seen a lot of people posting about this lately, so I thought I would share what I know. Last week I got an e-mail from our district forwarded from a local Office Max manager.

They WILL NOT be doing free laminating this year, but it will be 1/2 PRICE on Thursdays.

I'm not sure when this actually begins or if this is true for every store, but it certainly sounds like they lost a lot of money by doing it for free last year. I'd suggest calling your local store for more details.

conolley is offline   Reply With Quote

Maisy

Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I can understand that why they aren't doing the free laminating, but it was such a nice perk. I thought the quality was excellent as well.
Thanks for the information.
Maisy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

I'm not surprised
Old 07-07-2008, 05:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That was an exceptional thing that they did, and they must have lost a lot of money on it in many stores. Last year, I traveled a ways to get to Office Max (there are none in my immediate area), but a half price offer on one day with the cost of gas will not make it worth it to me. I kind of anticipated they wouldn't have the same offer, and got my folders and nametags done before the end of school. I also loved their quality. Thanks for letting us know, I don't get their ad in my area.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Hylin

Old 07-07-2008, 05:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think it's still a good deal given the quality of the lamination, although, having experienced last year, I TOTALLY understand why they aren't doing it. I selected my most important items and took them over. I was appaled at the number of teachers there with CARTS full of stuff. The guy behind the counter was like "you've brought in the least stuff yet. Teachers are crazy." I looked at the 6 foot stack of stuff on the counter from the lady in front of me and just shook my head. When people totally take advantage of something, you can usually kiss that privledge good bye. I guarentee there are teachers somewhere around me that have their entire room laminated now. Those are the people that won't need it this year and those who do don't get it now.
Hylin is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Taking advantage
Old 07-07-2008, 11:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I saw carts full of stuff last year, and there I was wondering if my 10 posters made up a greedy request. I think some teachers are either in districts with minmal funding or just simply go greedy. And you're right.... if something gets taken advantge of, it typically goes away.

bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

srsaunde

Advantage
Old 07-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I feel hurt when people assume I am taking advantage of limits. As a first year teacher, I had so much to laminate last year. I would not nearly have as much this year, but truly, before I wanted to hang anything, I wanted it to last! You spend so much on nice curriculum posters that you don't want to have to buy them each year! You have to understand that element!

Staples also made me feel that way, too. How many of you buy folders just for kicks? I know I went through most of mine last year (primarily because I am nuts and want everything to match!).

We make so little as teachers anyway. I'm grateful for what I am given and truly try not to take advantage.

Sorry, off my soapbox now!
srsaunde is offline   Reply With Quote

sharon77

laminating
Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

It surprises me that more schools don't have laminators at school for teachers to use. We have one for all the teachers. I laminated a bunch of stuff at the end of school and brought it home to cut out over the summer. As I purchase other things I just stop by school and run them through the machine when I have a few. I know that some of you don't have access to your school over the summer though - so free laminating is a great thing. I'm not sure what I would do if I wasn't able to stop by school during summer when I thought of something I needed or wanted to work on.

At least Office Max is offering some type of discount for teachers this year. It's better than paying full price for it. I am curious to know the amount of laminating all their stores did last year.
sharon77 is offline   Reply With Quote

1stgrteacher2

Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Our school has a laminator but the sad thing is the teachers can't use it! We have to wait until the lady that laminates everything does it on Fridays - sometimes it is just hard to wait for something! At the beginning of the year, she is so bogged down with laminating and things get laminated together.
1stgrteacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

cajunteacher

Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I didn't know Office Max did this, but I will take advantage of it this year. Did you have to prove you were a teacher? Does anyone know the cost??
cajunteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Impress Sup

Impress Sup

Price
Old 07-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

The price is 4.50 sq ft normal price, 2.25 per sq ft. for teachers. We have a limit of 50 sq ft per teacher, yes you will need to show School ID. My store alone had $7500.00 free laminate last year.
LVTEACH

LVTEACH

OfficeMax Lamination Promotion 2008
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

The 50% off promotion starts July 27th to August 16th and is available on ANY day, not just Thursdays. Coupons will be printed in this Sunday's paper (7/27), with another print on August 10th.

Last years deal was awesome, but we all knew it was too good to be true. The lamination quality was fantastic as well.

Still, 50% off is a GREAT deal for a teacher like me. I will be sending lots of business to them again this year.