Universal Studios... - ProTeacher Community

Teacher's Pet

Universal Studios...
Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We're planning a trip to Orlando to Universal Studios for our DD's 12th birthday.....I've "heard" that there are places (theme parks, hotels??) in Orlando, including Universal, that offers discounts to teachers (not just FL residents either)..does anyone know this for sure? I could surely use the xtra bucks I MIGHT could save thanks!!!!!

KarenFL

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Disney has a discount for their Swan and Dolphin hotels. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/sd.cfm

Oh, and I'm not sure if you're aware but teachers get into SeaWorld for free. I think you just need to show your teaching certificate.

flamom

Old 07-07-2008, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You need your teaching certificate, and a current paycheck stub (that's what I have always brought) and photo ID.

flamom

Old 07-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

There's more info on there, but here's a couple of snippets from the FLDOE website on teacher discounts in FL (just google it)--you may want to call to see if it's for non FL teachers though.

Theme Parks
Free 12 Month Educator Passes to Sea World (Orlando)
The “Florida Teacher Study Pass” provides unlimited admission to SeaWorld for full-time, classroom (K-12) teachers from August to August of each school year. In order to receive your pass, simply present a copy of your Florida Teacher Certificate, a photo ID, and a recent paycheck stub to the Annual Pass Center at SeaWorld Orlando. Call 407-370-1386 for the most up-to-date information.

Free 12 Month Educator Passes to Kennedy Space Center (Orsino-45 min. NE of Orlando)
Discover first hand how a field trip can enrich every student’s education with the “Educator Study Pass.” Full-time Florida and Georgia educators receive a free Annual Pass to explore the Kennedy Space Center themselves. Educators can enjoy all the benefits of admission, visit the NASA Educator Resource Center to learn about educational programs and receive new classroom materials. Teachers can also tour NASA’s launch headquarters, meet a real astronaut and watch exhilarating IMAX movies. To be eligible for an Educator's Study Pass, educators must possess a valid Florida or Georgia teacher certificate and be currently employed at an accredited school as a full-time K-12 classroom educator. To receive an Educator Study Pass, educators must present these items to the ticket agents located at the ticket plaza. Professional educators can visit the NASA Educator Resource Center (ERC) to receive information, copy NASA videotapes, reproduce software, slides and videotapes, and review lesson plans and other teaching materials. For details on available materials or to make an appointment, call the ERC at 321-867-4090.

flamom

Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Oh wait I just remembered, we did get a Universal Free teacher ticket email......but when I click the link it is gone, so I imagine it expired already.

Teacher's Pet

Old 07-07-2008, 02:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

WOW...free @ Sea World! we LOVE Sea World! thanks for the info!

flamom

Old 07-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would call that number to be certain it's for non FL teachers though, just so there's no disappointment.

mshelbyk

Old 07-07-2008, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Please post and let us know if the Sea World pass is good for out of state visitors, too. I travel to that area several times a year and would love that opportunity!

mom23kids

Were going too
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

When are you going? We're going on July 29-aug 6th.
Can't wait!! We're staying at Hard Rock Hotel.

Teacher's Pet

July 18...
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

thru the 22nd, we're staying at a new Radisson ?????....my dh is dying to try out those sleep number beds! My dd would LOVE to stay @ Hard Rock (we spent 8 days at the beach already, she's LUCKY to be staying at a Radisson ANYWHERE!!! )

thanks for the info!

Teacher's Pet

free tix
Old 07-09-2008, 05:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I finally got around to calling, the free tix were for FL teachers only and the offer has expired (even though the guy @ Universal told me that free tix were avaiable but I would have to go thru the FL DOE website, which I went to, to get the info. I needed!) oh well...

flamom

Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

What about Sea World?