Help

ARCHIVE

Moose Notebooks

>

FrogLady

Moose Notebooks
Old 05-28-2006, 02:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I saw several remarks about the Moose Notebooks. I read about them on the teachingheart website and saw a cute frog one to go along with my theme. I was wondering though if anyone has used them before and could explain how they incorporated them in their classroom? Do you use them everyday? What kind of headings do you use for each section? Thanks!

FrogLady is offline   Reply With Quote

SS

SS

Yes I use them!
Old 05-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love my notebooks. I call them STAR Notebooks (Students Taking Academic Responsibility), but same thing.
I buy the thirty cent three ring binders at Walmart when the school supplies come out. On the very inside pocket, I have students put papers to take home and keep home (notes from the office, newsletters, graded papers). Then I have their assignment book that they fill out daily with their assignments. After that, I have a two-pocket folder (these fall apart very quickly so for next year I invested in some sturdy ones). One side is for homework to finish and the other is for finished homework. Then I have a calendar section with clear sleeves to hold my schedule, the school calendar, lunch menu, etc. Then I have paper for notes to/from parents (although I am not doing this section this year because I have found it easier to jot notes in the assignment books that are being checked every day. Lastly, I have my Reading Renaissance section for AR related materials (zones, reading logs, folder in back for TOPS reports).
Parents love it! I love it to keep my students organized. There are always the few that even when they are told where to put a paper specifically, shove them in their desk anyway =), but for the most part it helps. I tell me students that there should never be a stray paper in their desks because there is a place for every one of them.

Indiana Teacher

The binders are a great way to teach...
Old 05-28-2006, 03:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

responsibility. I send the binders home each night, and my students bring them back each day. My assistant checks them in the morning to make sure homework is complete, and to see if there are any parent notes. Parents love them.

Here is my website - click on the tab labeled frog binders to see how I organize it.

http://www.portage.k12.in.us/Schools...cott/index.htm

I hope that helps!
Indiana Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

olph25

great website
Old 05-31-2006, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I checked out your website. Wow! I am very impressed with what you have on it. I may email you with some questions as the year goes on, I got many good ideas. Thanks
olph25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Indiana Teacher

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you so much! Email anytime.

Indiana Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

FrogLady

Old 06-04-2006, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Dear Indiana Teacher,
Thank you too for your post and website! It is great and I love the frogs too. I read about your binders, but still have some questions. Do you have everything seperated with folders or pockets? Do you put weekly spelling words or word wall word lists in it? I guess I am just trying to picture it all and need some help. Thanks again for your website.
FrogLady is offline   Reply With Quote

christine

questions
Old 06-24-2006, 04:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I was thinking of using these also. I am curious if a one inch binder is big enough to hold an assignment notebook, as well as a couple fo folders. Do students keep these in their desks? I was thinking of asking parents to buy them, but I am concerned I will get all kinds of different binders. I'd love to get the deal that SS finds at Walmart. The cheapest ones I can find are $1.50/2.00.
christine is offline   Reply With Quote

kujo

MOOSE Notebooks
Old 08-19-2006, 11:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

(Mine are called DOG (Daily Organizationa; Guides) and I found my binders online thru Office Max for $1.31 with the see thru slots on the cover. Mine are 1" and I am starting to use them with 3rd graders this year. I also found poly folders for $2.01 at Sams. There are 60 in a box and I punch 3 holes in them to go in the binder.
kujo is offline   Reply With Quote