Help

ARCHIVE

Does anyone use dry erase paddles?

>

Bry1638

Does anyone use dry erase paddles?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have seen those dry erase paddles in different catalogs and am really thinking about buying them. I think they would be fun to use, for games and stuff. Also I have been looking through Everyday Math which uses mental math every day...and I think it might be more fun for the kids to write down their answers on these instead of paper? Does anyone else have these? Do you find a lot of uses for them to justify the price?

Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote

AussieBird

Diy Idea
Old 07-11-2008, 05:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They may not be the shape of the paddles, but why not make your own 'whiteboards' by laminating lined and/or blank sheets of paper?

I have them in A3 and A4 paper sizes with one side lined and one blank. We use them for math facts, drafting stories, playing games, handwriting practice ... with dry erase pens.
AussieBird is offline   Reply With Quote

ccteacher

shower board
Old 07-11-2008, 05:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You can use sheets of shower board that you can buy at places like Home Depot or Lowe's. (I believe) you can get sheets big enough for your class for right around $10. The store will even cut them down for you - the most you might have to do is run a piece of sandpaper over the edges.

Another fun option that my kids loved, is that you can use Solo brand plastic plates and vis-a-vis markers. I just had a spray bottle of water at each group's table and they wrote and wiped. It wasn't as messy as it sounds. I used old socks for erasers and they just squirted one little spray of water on the sock. It would erase several answers. *I used this for my first year of teaching and it was completely free! I got the marker's from the school office and asked for donations of plates, socks, and water bottles from my student's families. I've also heard of teachers putting boxes of baby wipes at each table to use instead of socks. I hadn't even thought of that before!
ccteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

love5th

Shower Boards
Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use the shower board from lowes. My kids LOVE to practice math on them. Instead of doing their practice problems in a notebook they do it on the board and then show it to me. If they get it right I give them thumbs up, if not they try again. If I can see their totally confused I go help them. I am amazed how much more I can assess their understanding when we do it this way. I also use them for review games, spelling practice, and more. I love them
love5th is offline   Reply With Quote

gg

paddles
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I purchased the white board paddles from Oriental Trading last year. My kids loved them. I use personal white boards too, but there is something special about the paddles that the kids LOVE. It's great for one word or one number answers. My VP, who was observing me really liked them too.

gg is offline   Reply With Quote

gracie78

Make your own
Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I make my own dry erase boards. Instead of laminating blank paper, I use heavy duty sheet protectors and place stock card in the sheet protector. I choose a sheet protector because then I can have students insert graphic organizers into the sheet protectors.
gracie78 is offline   Reply With Quote