Help

ARCHIVE

Review games

>

Time2Teach

Review games
Old 05-31-2006, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Are there any fun ways that you use to review test material?

Time2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

1gr81ntheus

Sure
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

There is bingo where each block has an answer to a review question. You call the question and someone supplies the answer.

There is a Jeopardy Powerpoint online some place.

There is flyswatter review where a poster is divided like a bingo board with answers and two children stand there, each with a fly swatter and try to be the first to swat the answer to the question.

tape answers to desks and assign each student a question as he enters and that's his seat.

All the students receive a question card that has the answer also on the same side of the question. The students stand in two circles (an inner and an outer) facing someone. The teacher calls out a number and that's how many people the circles must rotate (for instance, I'm in the circle and the teacher called 5. I will walk with the rest of the people in the circle until we've passed 5 people and stop). The person you're facing is the one that you will ask your question card to in turns. Then you switch cards and the teacher calls another number.

Put answers to the review questions on sheets of paper. Ball the paper up. Place the balled up paper on the opposite side of the gym or room. Create two teams. Each person gets a turn. The teacher asks a review question and the child whose turn it is consults with his team to get a consensus on the answer and sprints to the other side to find it, brings it to the teacher to see if he's correct.
1gr81ntheus is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndGradeChick

Old 06-02-2006, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I like to use sports themes. Sometimes we play baseball and i ask a question to one team. If they get it wrong it's an out, if it's correct, they are on a base. Some questions are doubles (or advance 2 bases) and difficult ones are home runs. I ask the questions team 1 got incorrect to team 2 when they are up to "bat".

You can do the same thing with football or soccer. Whatever game the kids like. It makes the revivew fun.
2ndGradeChick is offline   Reply With Quote

vateach

Kagan games
Old 06-02-2006, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use alot of games that I've gotten from the Spencer Kagan books.

We do mix and match. Make cards that go together (could be anything from math problems and answers, to vocab etc) Pass one card out to each kid. The kids walk around and as they pass each other they switch cards. Then you call Freeze. Then you say Match and the kids (silently, usually) walk around and see if they can find the person with their matching card and sit down. My class likes to see how quickly everyone can find a match.

We also play quiz quiz trade. I cut and pasted some released test items on index cards. Each child gets a card. They walk around the room and find a partner. Partner a reads the question to his partner...if the kid gets it right, he praises him, if the kids gets it wrong they coach until they get it right. Then his partner does the same thing with the question the partner b has. After they have both read the question and agreed on the answer, they switch cards and find new partners. Its ridiculous how long my children will play this game!

Brain dump: Use banner paper and put topics you have learned about in the middle. Divide kids into groups, and have them write everything they know about a topic for a minute or two, then rotate papers. At the end review and clarify. Have each group use a particular color marker so you can see which groups wrote what, and control any inappropriate comments...which hopefully wont happen anyway!

Good luck!
vateach is offline   Reply With Quote