Help

ARCHIVE

Behavior Bingo

>

sher

Behavior Bingo
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a Substitute Teacher and I was wondering how could I use Behavior Bingo? I think it is a neat idea, but could they earn a Bingo in just one day?
Thank you for your thoughts.

sher is offline   Reply With Quote

tadlockrl

Old 07-13-2008, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

sure, you could give boards to each student or goups or whole class. Think about what you want to put in the boes so they could earn it in one day.
tadlockrl is offline   Reply With Quote

sophie05

Behavior Bingo
Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When I taught third grade, I used behavior bingo for the first semester of the year. We had a 100's chart on the whiteboard. Next to the chart, we came up with about 5 things they could earn points for, as a class. Things like working quietly, following directions, getting a compliment from another teacher, etc. We decided on the point value for each thing. I had a cup that I put numbers 1-100. When they earned bingo points for one of their targeted behaviors, I would randomly draw numbers out of the cup and fill in the numbers on the 100's chart. The kids could get a bingo going straight across, straight down, or diagonally across the board. It usually took about 2-3 weeks to get a bingo. They would get free time, a popcorn party, a cookies and milk party, sit with a friend, etc. as a reward for their bingo. It was a great way to start the year and the kids really worked together for their goal!
sophie05 is offline   Reply With Quote

ee

behavior bingo
Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I would make a smaller board...maybe 5x5 and let the kids know how many number will get pulled for quiet working, quiet hallroom/bathroom behavior, complements etc. Make it so you can pull several numbers at a time. if you keep working on it all day and earn several numbers at a time, you could get 5 in a row.
ee is offline   Reply With Quote