Interwrite Pad/Tablet - ProTeacher Community

hazeleyesinnc

Interwrite Pad/Tablet
Old 07-15-2008, 09:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have one and want to be using it next year, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it.....Anyone have any creative ways they use theirs?

hazeleyesinnc is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 07-15-2008, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

From what I learned yesterday, you can let students do work on there and it shows on the screen. This keeps students engaged, but not out of their seats to be interactive with Interwrite lessons.
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

room1128

Good Luck!!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I had one but had to give it up and let someone else use it. I am a big tech person... but I couldn't get the hang of the interwrite... I think it was more a coordination issue, than a tech issue. My problem was looking at the screen, while I wrote on the tablet. (My kids had probs with this too). I could see how great it would be to have one if I could walk and chew gum at the same time!! I tried to use it for coordinate grid lesson, it has all kinds of templates you can use, I found the grid, and plotted some points... It was abandoned quickly by me. If I could have gotten the hang of writing on it, I can see how it woul dbe great ot use in every lesson! Hope you are better at it than me!!
room1128 is offline   Reply With Quote

CHELLE7189

pads
Old 07-27-2008, 06:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have one and I LOVE it! I've had it for almost 2 years and have no clue how I taught without it. Most of what I do with it was just trial and error. I wasn't given any real training and was one of the first in my school to get it. Now every class has one.

I use mine for math (manip. built in), handwriting (you can set it to project primary lined paper, but I just pull up a site with the paper), powerpoint, science. It can be used for anything.

My students don't use it- I'm afraid something will happen to it! This year I may have the opportunity to get another one and the students will have access to that one.

I teach 1st grade. Just "play" with it and see what it does.
CHELLE7189 is offline   Reply With Quote

maggiesmom

explain
Old 07-27-2008, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I had never heard of one. I looked it up online. What do they cost?

maggiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

jch

Chalkboard
Old 07-27-2008, 11:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I love mine and use it all the time. It's so convenient being wireless and having the ability to wander around the room. Allows me to check on student progress. I teach 6th grade and I allow the kids to use it when sharing a math problem or answering other questions.

The cost is $350 - far less than a Smartboard.

All year I tried to get an old Smartboard running. It still had serial ports, so I was trying to run it with Bluetooth technology. We just couldn't quite get it to work.

I cannot think of anything on the Smartboard that I can't do on my interactive chalkboard!
jch is offline   Reply With Quote

janiebird19

Old 08-06-2008, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have one and really like it. I plan to use it more regularly this upcoming year. My students enjoy using it to show their work for math warm-ups. I also use it when we play powerpoint review games, to demonstrate how to use online manipulatives, and it is really wonderful for graphing (especially line plots). It is also nice when analyzing websites.
janiebird19 is offline   Reply With Quote
algebrateach

algebrateach

Math Teacher at a Highschool
Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am getting one of these next year, and am looking forward to getting to play around with it and begin to figure out some of the things that it can do. I have found some websites that I want to use for videos and such in the classroom. Is it easy to go back and forth between websites using the tablet, or will I have to go back to my computer to switch between applications? Also is there anyway to do any kind of typing on the tablet or is that all left to the PC itself? Thank you
troy

troy

Interwrite Alternative
Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I suggest spending FAR less than a smartboard or interwrite pad....for $70 you can get a Bamboo at Best Buy...battery free, perfect connection...AMAZING. AND CHEAP.