need help decorating a 2 year old classroom. - ProTeacher Community

love34

need help decorating a 2 year old classroom.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a new teacher. I will be teaching two year olds. I would like some help on decorating the classroom. ANY and ALL ideas are welcome.

love34 is offline   Reply With Quote

frstgradetch

frstgradetch

Decorating theme
Old 07-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi,

How about doing a theme with crayons using primary colors? You could label everything on a crayon. It would be very colorful and inviting. I hope that helps. Let me know if you do it. Good Luck!

teachingmom

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well, I am a third grade teacher, but I have a 2-yr.old. His favorite things right now are shapes. He points to them and names them ALL the time. He also loves animals. I think a jungle theme would be cute for little kids. Also the crayon theme with shapes, numbers, letter in all the primary colors. He wants to point out letters, numbers and shapes all day long. He loves for you to name them and then say things like what shape is that cookie? I also think a bee theme is cute for young children b/c you can incorporate things like.....bee nice, bee helpful, etc....

Hope this helps.
teachingmom is offline   Reply With Quote

axelson617

The 2's Zoo
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

At the preschool I have been at for the past few years we always had the 2's Room Zoo! Lots of jungle animals and bright colors. It is also very easy to use Eric Carle books and images - "Today is Monday" is a great book we read and sang almost daily.
axelson617 is offline   Reply With Quote