Help

ARCHIVE

NC Teacher Salary Schedule

>

NCteacher

NC Teacher Salary Schedule
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just found the 08-09 NC teacher salary schedule on the DPI website- you have to go to "salary and benefits" to find it. I am disappointed- I had read in the paper that we were getting a 3% raise- which should have been about $1,200 more a year for me. My raise equals $470 a year. I guess this was one of those "NC teachers will get an AVERAGE raise of 3%". Oh well....maybe that extra cash will buy me a couple of tanks of gas.

NCteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

JulieG04

oh, it's even shadier than that...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know if the link is still up, NC, but NCAE.org had their salary schedule up a few days before DPI. The "percent" is based on BOTH the salary increase from going up a step PLUS the "raise." So, going from a 7 to an 8, for example, is calculated as part of your raise.

On the other hand--we have jobs and the state did not freeze us at our steps. I'm trying to look at the bright side!
JulieG04 is offline   Reply With Quote

teach4k

Still waiting here
Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is great that you are at least getting a raise. We are still waiting here in my district in FL. There are some districts where the teachers are getting a 2% cut in their pay. I sure hope that they don't do that to us. It is all because they passed this increase in the homestead exemption on the real estate taxes. The governor promised that school districts would not loose any money. Yeah right......he lied!!!

So here I wait to see if the union can at least either get us something maybe a step increase or keep our salaries from going down.
teach4k is offline   Reply With Quote

angelangst

Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

NCteacher - I am getting 470.00 too. Whoo hoo! I think they could at least put in the same provision that they did for state employees. 3% is nothing when you are in the first years of teaching, I needed that 1,200! This is far from the 7% the governor wanted and is just really disappointing.
angelangst is offline   Reply With Quote

jennmcg72

Raise
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Just checked the salary scale (I'm also in NC) and I'm getting about $1210 more a year. Definitely need it as I'm trying to pay off credit card debt.

jennmcg72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mackenzie AK

No raise here
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I teach in Fairbanks, Alaska, and our contract expired June 30, and we did not settle on a new contract. So now they are off to mediation or arbitration, can't remember which one. The district was offering us 0, 0 and 0 (salary increase) over a three year contract and thought we should be thrilled to death! HA!

And with the cost of fuel here in the winter to heat our homes many of us are losing $$ like crazy. Fuel for our homesr is over $5 a gallon right now, and some homes use over 300 gallons a MONTH!!!! And that is not a huge home. Modest at best.

Last edited by Mackenzie AK; 07-24-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Didn't mean to post yet
Mackenzie AK is offline   Reply With Quote

Emily4th

salary
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Mine went up 520 from last year's salary schedule, but with my step up it comes to 1940...so that makes it seem a lot better. It still would have been nice to get that 7%, but I guess we need to be greatful we got something.
Emily4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Mookie

Mookie

NC also
Old 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It's always nice to get more money. "BUT" there was also a lot of hype in the NCAE newsletter about 7%. :-(

NCPinkTchr

2nd Year
Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

$680 more a year from 1st to 2nd year. Think I'll start working on that masters. Not sure if that'll even pay for the 1st class though!
NCPinkTchr is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

As a special ed teacher, I kept losing more and more of my stipend so my pay went down each year for 3 years. Last year I was thrilled just to get $20 extra in each paycheck. I"m hoping this year might be a little more. We don't find out til September what our new salary is going to be.
PPCDTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
M/S Teacher

M/S Teacher

We Need A Union!! No More V.i.f.s!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

What we need in this state is a union to protect every right and priviledge we have as teachers. If interested, do a search on Google and look at the contract between the BOE and Alloway Township in NJ. You wouldn't believe the rights NJ teachers have.

About the pay: the average teacher with a Bachelor's degree in NJ earns $47,000 during the first year of teaching. It is about $51,000 for a Master's Degree. tHIS IS TRUE!! I have a copy of the pay sdhedule for Salem County, NJ! Trust me, it isn't that much more expensive to live there than here with all of the sales taxes to pay. Why don't I return? Because my spouse is military and we are stationed in NC.

When are the teachers in this state going to start to group together?

Also, the VIF program would never fly in a union supported state. It makes me sick that our tax dollars pay for these immigrants to come over to NC and steal away jobs and we are paying for their health insurance.