Help with a job board for a jungle theme - ProTeacher Community

mommy2two

Help with a job board for a jungle theme
Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some ideas for a job assignment board for my 3rd grade classroom. I am doing a jungle/ monkey theme. I need ideas on what jobs I should have and creative ways to display them. Did I mention that I was a first year teacher?

mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote

Sass in Class

mommy2two
Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

check out this website: www.teachersclubhouse.com. You can purchase classroom jobs decor for any theme for $.99. This site has all themes. I was on there last night and loved what I saw for my sports theme. Good Luck and Congrats on your first year!
Sass in Class is offline   Reply With Quote

myoung

Old 07-25-2008, 12:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm going to do "Hangin' Around to Help Out". I made a little poster with a monkey hanging from a tree, twisted brown paper to make jungle vines around the board and posted my jobs on green leaves. I've put the student's names on toucans and will attach the toucan to the leaf when that student has that job. The extra students will be hanging on the vines around the board.
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote

makinthegrade

job chart
Old 07-25-2008, 01:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm doing a rainforest / monkey theme. My students get paid for their jobs with classroom cash so I thought i would call mine "Monkey Business" I'm going to make a tree and have monkeys hanging from the tree with the childs name on it. Then i will use velcro to attatch a job card to the monkey
makinthegrade is offline   Reply With Quote

bseteacher

What about
Old 07-26-2008, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

jungle jobs? You could have a zookeeper (student of the day), animal trainer (pet feeder), groundskeeper (plant feeder), gate keeper (door holder), equipment helper (paper helper), etc.

bseteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

DaisysMomma

Old 07-27-2008, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I made some using Publisher. I used jungle animal graphics and wrote the names of the jobs. I could post it if I knew how to put documents on here. I probably will put clothespins up with the students names and rotate the jobs by pinning them on the clothespins.

Edit: I was able to figure out how to do it (sort of) if you really like it and have publisher I could send it to you so it would look nicer. Go here to check it out http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhjx26j5_6tzc5hwcg

Last edited by DaisysMomma; 07-27-2008 at 12:37 PM..
DaisysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Kemper85

Kemper85

more safari job ideas
Old 08-02-2008, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am also a first year teacher and planning on having a safari/jungle theme. Does anyone know if you can buy a classroom jobs already made for this theme? I'm a little overwhelmed and already have too many things I want to make! Any ideas for the theme would be great...welcome bulletin board etc.