Ideas for a super hero theme - ProTeacher Community

Purple Purse

Ideas for a super hero theme
Old 08-03-2008, 06:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm looking for ideas for a super heroes theme for grade one. I'm trying to spin it into the traits of a "super learner." I'm wondering if anyone has done this before or has heard of anyone doing this, and if so what and how was it done. Thanks!

Purple Purse is offline   Reply With Quote

L8 4 School

Items to coordinate...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've never done a Superhero theme, but think it sounds GREAT! You will definitely attract the kids attention!
I know at VistaPrint, you can get items with Superhero characters on them....t-shirts, notepads, etc.
Also, try getcaughtreading.com or it may be .org. They have a poster there you can download of Batman reading a book.
L8 4 School is offline   Reply With Quote

jtw76825

I had the same idea
Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have been trying to figure out for weeks now how to to a super hero theme for my 4th grade classroom. I love the idea of it, but I have done some searching and haven't found much. If I find more, I will post it here. I think since there seem to be so many super hero movies out now, it would really grab their attention!!!
jtw76825 is offline   Reply With Quote

Purple Purse

some ideas
Old 08-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I got my initial idea from the Nelson Language Arts Grade 1-2 Teacher's Resource Book. In it they talk of the traits of the "super learner." Traits like listening, focussing, being organized, connecting to the "big" world, having the homework habit (which I might change to being task oriented as there is a bit of a homework debate going on where I am), being a self assessor, and independence with solving problems. I was going to make-up a super hero for each trait (e.g. Super Sonic for listening etc..). The students can earn a super hero trading card when they display these traits. The goal would be to earn the 7 trading cards in the first 6-7 weeks of school as we are establishing our rules and routines. I'm still in the planning phase so I would welcome any brainwaves that may come your way. Thanks again!
Purple Purse is offline   Reply With Quote

middle ager

purple purse
Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just found a great deal on superhero stickers at Dollar Tree! I am having some issues finding more for my superhero theme too. Is there anyway you can send me a link to the Nelson stuff? Sounds like a great way to tie it in. I did find some borders and new materials at the teacher store. My kids are writing acrostic poems with their names for their "super" powers and drawing themselves as superheroes for the bulletin board.

middle ager is offline   Reply With Quote

LeDeeK

SuperHero Theme
Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am actually doing the Marvel comics in my 4th grade classroom. My reading center is Spider Man, "Get Caught In Reading", for my reading center. Batman, "Reading Crusaders", for my Accelerated Reader board. Superman, "Super Math", for my math centers. WonderWoman, "Wonderful Writing", for writing centers. I was not able to think of any helper names but I used the MOOSE website to come up with my Homework folder which is "H.E.R.O (Have Everything Ready and Organize)"
I know this is alot but if you need any other ideas I will try to help.
Oh yeah! I had my oldest children trace the characters using the overhead and color to decorate the centers.
Oh yeah! Check out the birthday section in Walmart to help you decorate. They have both spiderman and batman.
Ok I hope this helps!
LeDeeK is offline   Reply With Quote
sammiie

sammiie

spotty pig
Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

hiya babe you oki?
wubu2?
Bounds

Bounds

Help with Super Hero Theme
Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My kindergarten wants to develope a superheros theme to present to our faculty to vote on for our school theme for 09-10. Any help would be appreciated
emma99

emma99

Superhero Theme
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I do a mini superhero theme with my kindergarten students. I enter the room as "Super Reader" with a mask and cape that I created. My special power is that I help children learn to read. The students then think of a special power they'd like and we create masks and capes. The students get pretty creative. For example: "Key Man" who helps people unlock doors. It is a lot of fun!